Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Filed

I'm scared of what is behind me and scared of what is to come.  524.50 dollars later and I have officially filed for divorce.  I have to have him served now and wait.  Wait to see if he will just sign off.  I hate that the ball is in his court.

My father in law said he is moving out and renting an apartment with my husband.  Good it is about time. 

My children are so freaking amazing but I can't shield them from the pain.  They yearn to see Daddy.  They latch on to every male that I know.  It breaks my heart.

My oldest asked me if he was adopted.  He said that one of the other kids said to him that maybe you were adopted, that is why your Daddy doesn't want you anymore. Gaaaaaaah.

So I keep on going on. 

My Dad was right, he said divorce is painful.  Painful for everyone around you. 

I feel like sulking but know I should be happy.  Maybe the happiness will come another day.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds very difficult for both you and your kids, hopefully this will be the first step towards some improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know it will be:) I mean father in law needs to go. He goes out drinking and then drives home. I have given him plenty of chances. It has been a long 5 months with him here and my husband gone. So I'm constantly hearing his two cents on everything. Time for him to STF and go. Once that happens I think I will be feeling so much less stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't hesitant to get counseling. It will help you and the kids. They too might need some counseling so they can deal with things that will come up, such as the adoption thing. ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pain certainly will not last forever. Small steps, NA. The end is in sight and a new chapter filled with happiness, relief and light is just around the corner. The kids will come to understand as well. As long as you keep them in the know. I survived a parental split and subsequent re-marriages. Now I'm lucky to have 4 wonderful folks. It took a while.. But I came round to what had to be. They will too.
    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1manview- We are all in counseling, it does help! :)

    BHP: EEK I can't imagine getting remarried at this point. I guess I would but scary thing to think about. To even thing about a commitment scares me at this point. I have a lot of "growing" to do. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter