Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Shit Day

So I went to court house only to find out that I can't get an extension on the Protection Order with out a lawyer.  I think that is just bullshit.  If you are able to represent yourself in court why can't you print a form and file it yourself?  The only thing I could do was file for a PFA in a lower court 24 hour one, then go to the bigger court for a 10 day one with a hearing.  Then ask judge to grant me a 1-3 year one.  So 3 more days of hearings???  So I was on the phone trying to figure out how to get it done. The original lawyer is out on vacation. UGH! So I wait.

I had an interesting question via email.  I was asked why I am not dating and trying to find a replacement father for my children.

What is the current divorce rate?  At least 50% right?  The rate for a second divorce even higher.  I believe that most people who rush back into a relationship do not take the time to fix themselves and fall victim to the same pattern again.  I am not willing to do that.  As much as I hate being "alone", I rather fix myself first.  Not saying I am fucked up ( well yeah I am just a bit) but I do struggle with myself imagine ALL.THE.TIME.  If/when I start dating again I need to be comfortable in my own skin again.  I need to not be afraid of me.  I need to not be dependent on someone else to make me happy.  What good am I to someone else if I can't love myself.  I do struggle with that.  I still have my good days and bad days.  I feel like at times I am unworthy.  That I don't deserve someone who could treat me well.  The honest to God truth.  I have more up days than down days now.  The longer I survive on my own the longer I see myself. 

Yes I want sex but I don't want the relationship yet.  I am not ready for that emotionally.  I want to be 100% happy and comfortable in my own skin before I take the leap.

You claimed my life would be easier if I had someone here living with me to shoulder the burden.  I do not agree 100%.  Yes it would be easier if I had a father figure for my children.  Yes I wouldn't be the only one cleaning, paying bills and taking off work every time they get sick.  I was doing this anyway when I was married.  It is easier now "alone" than with a half ass partner who didn't give a shit.Yes I have practically run out of vacation days already.  Yes money is tight but you know what I am free at the moment and that is what counts.  My happiness is what I make it.

Today was one of those days where I was on the verge of tears.  The disappointment that I got from family court saying I can't get the extension.  Then I went to the law library to come up empty handed.  If I was in Philadelphia County I could have done it myself.  I do not think I have cried since I figured out he ripped my wedding dress in half, left used condoms in a box with my wedding garter.  I mean I haven't really cried in a long time yet almost did.  I don't know something is wrong when you just want to sob and you can't.  So yeah I have a long way to go with myself.  I shouldn't be ashamed to cry when I need to.  I at some point I have to let the tears flow.  I need to just let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter